Honey Turmeric Drizzled Breakfast
Breakfast on a Saturday mornings has often filled the house with that classic bacon, eggs, and toast smell. Its really hard to beat that classic breakfast, but there certainly is room to elevate that breakfast, and this honey turmeric drizzle with added avocado and Creme Fraiche will leave you asking why did I settle for so long.
Using raw honey in this dishes turmeric drizzle will elevate Saturday breakfast meals to chef status.
The first time I made this dish, I really didn't think it added all that much more to my time and effort to morning breakfast. But what it did do, was take my breakfast up to levels as this is a perfect paring, of sweet, tart, and salty.
The dish is also surprisingly light on the stomach and we will be serving this meal up much more often in out house.
Plus I am always looking to add the benefits of raw honey like its enzymes, and anti-inflammatory aspects among many others that are not in your processed honeys. The added turmeric also adds some great health benefits, so give this recipe a try and let us know how much you like it by sharing it with others.
[[ recipeID=recipe-8keimed2t, title=Bacon, Egg, and Avocado Toast with Turmeric Honey Drizzle ]]
Bacon, Egg, and Avocado Toast with Turmeric Honey Drizzle
Who doesn't think of bacon and eggs when you think weekend breakfast? Well you can take that classic Saturday morning meal and turn it into something spectacular with a Lemon-Turmeric Drizzle. This recipe preserves the state of the raw honey.
Servings: 4 Dishes
Keywords: Turmeric, bacon, eggs, honey, toast, breakfast
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Honey (If you prefer it sweeter add an additional 1/4 cup)
- 1 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 8 Slices Thick-Cut Bacon (preferably nitrate-free)
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Slices Thick sourdough bread
- Butter or olive oil, for the bread
- Creme Fraiche
- 2 Medium firm ripe avocados, sliced
- Sea Salt (for eggs)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Tender greens or shouts, for Garnish
- Stir the lemon juice, oil, raw honey, turmeric, and vinegar, and set aside while you prepare the bacon and eggs.
Cook the Bacon
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until crispy and brown. Set bacon onto a paper towel on a separate plate to soak up some of the excess grease. Place bacon on a heat safe plate and place into oven set at 160ºF to keep warm while you cook the eggs.
Cook the Eggs
- Cook the eggs by frying in a skillet until crispy and golden around the edges and the yolk is just barely set, 4 to 5 minutes for runny (for slightly firmer yolk, cover the pan with a a lid in the last minute).
- Toast the bread and brush evenly with butter.
- Spread the creme fraiche on the toast, then layer the bacon, avocado, egg, and greens on top. Spoon over the lemon-turmeric drizzle. Serve warm.